Blackboard™ Academic Suite Release 8.0 Service Pack 7 (8.0.494.0) is tested with a variety of technologies.
Certified: fully tested and supported.
|Internet Explorer® 8||Internet Explorer 7|| Firefox 3.6
| Windows XP® (32-bit)
| Windows Vista® (32-bit)
| Windows Vista (64-bit)
| Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
| Safari 5.0
||Safari® 4.0||Safari 3.x|| Firefox 3.6
|| Firefox 3.5
|Mac OSX 10.4 "Tiger®"||Unsupported||Unsupported||Unsupported||Unsupported||Unsupported|
|Mac OSX 10.5 "Leopard®"||Provisional||Compatible||Compatible|| Compatible
|Mac OSX 10.6 "Snow Leopard®"||Provisional|| Certified
- Sun Java™ Runtime Environment 5 (JRE™ 5) is no longer supported. It may continue to work but Java 6 Update 13 or higher is the only supported JRE.
- Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 5 are not supported.
- Firefox 1.x and 2.0 are not supported.
- Safari 2.0 is no longer supported.
- Internet Explorer 8 is supported in Standards Mode only. Some known issues can be resolved by using Compatibility Mode (emulates IE7 behavior).
- Google Chrome is not supported.
- Blackboard strives to make all its products as accessible as possible. JAWS 9 and 10 are used during accessibility testing of 8.0 SP6
- Firefox 3.0 is no longer supported in lieu of Firefox 3.5 and 3.6.
- Mac OSX 10.4 is no longer Supported in lieu of 10.5 and 10.6.
- UPDATE (7/30/11): Release 8.0 SP7 HF2 (Build: 8.0.494.35) has been tested against Mozilla Firefox 5.0, the latest version of the Firefox Final Release Channel. The Final Release Channel is the fully tested version by Mozilla and intended to be the most stable. This channel is updated roughly every 6 weeks. For further detail on Firefox, please review the material available at http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/04/13/new-channels-for-firefox-rapid-releases/